top of page

Group

Public·7 members

Buying A Car In Romania

Hi there,I am a foreigner living in Romania for quite some years. I don't own a car (but my wife does). I could own a car if I want to on my own name, as I have residence in Romania and my own Romanian fiscal number called "CNP". The best way in my opinion to have a car, is just to buy a local car (assuming that you will obtain the "Residence Certificate"). If you have a steady job, with steady income, you could also be eligable for finance (leasing/personal loan), al though loan rates are not the cheapest in Romania. As far as I know you cannot bypass the system by leaving the country every 90 days (in order to drive a car with non-Romanian number plates). In practice, it can of course be done, assuming you won't get caught or that you're willing to bribe a police officer when getting caught. But as you drive around in Romania (with Romanian or foreign number plates) you need to get pay road tax anyhow (which you can buy at any local gas station). This already registers your car in the national system, and if you decide to not pay the road tax (in order to avoid any effidence of you driving more than 90 days with non-Romanian number plates), it could be possible that a fine would be sent to your home country.Since last year (if I am correct),they inaugurated a new road-tax-monitoring center, whereas they photograph numberplates to check if taxes were paid. Of course with foreign number plates they might not bother, but you never know.If there is no evidence of your car in the road tax system (as you did not pay for it) and you get caught, you will be fined for not having paid your taxes. Then the police officer also will verify if you have respected the 90 days rule (which he can't proof as you can simply tell him that you're here on holiday for instance).Regarding the appartment: you can own/buy an appartment as a foreign citizen without having to have residence in Romania as you can own the "dwelling" as per Romanian Civil Code legislation. Since 01.01.2012 an EU citizen can also own any adjoining landquota (parking space/common grounds/garden) for which you also do not need to have residence in Romania anymore as EU citizen.For buying a car, the current rules state that you need residence to buy a car (not to buy a property).My advice: get a residence certificate. It's simple and straightforward and you need 3 documents1. foreign passport + copy2. EHIC insurance card of your home country + copy *3. Romanian bankstatement with a balance of at least 200 RON (signed and stamped by a local Romanian bank)* in case you do not have an EHIC card, you can buy local health insurance for 1 month (40-50 EURO) and with the evidence of being insured you can apply for the residence certificate. Of course in case you have a job in Romania, you need to get proof of the Public Health Insurance House, mentioning you are covered on the matter.Once applied on monday morning 09:00, the document is released at 15:30 to be picked up. If you don't know Romanian, take someone with you to fill in the application form.

buying a car in romania

Yes you can but not directly. It is not the buying it is registering it which is tricky. For example you can buy it and put red plates on it. This enables you to drive the car for 30 days. You can change a maximum of 3 consecutive red set plates, and drive with them without needing road tax (vignette) and WITHOUT paying the emission sticker which is very high (it can be depending on the car engine even a couple of thousands euros). After the 90 days you will need to get black plates. Now in order to register it you will need to1. Have a company in Romania or2. Get plates for it on the name of a romanian friend or3. Lease it or4. Get the so called temporary id card Actually i can explain it to you in detail because i work for a car hire agency - (carpro.ro) and often we sell or rent cars to expats - i can even share here the forms which you need to fill up. And when you get the documents for the car or the VIN i can check it in our huge database (over 1.5 million cars) to see if- it was ever damaged- it was ever in a car accident- real mileageI can help anybody with any tips here regarding cars, pollution fee or green sticker in Romania, free of charge

The information on this page covers VAT rules when buying or selling a car as a private person. If you need information on VAT rules for businesses, go to the page on business to business transactions.

We're Australians traveling in Europe, we're planning on spending most of the year in France. We're in the UK at the moment and our plan is to fly to Romania, buy a car and then take a little road trip through Hungary, Austria, Germany and Switzerland and into France.What we need to know is what is actually involved in buying a car? In Australia you can buy a car all registered and ready to go, but I understand it's a bit more complicated for foreigners in Europe. We have a mate in southern Ireland who's willing to come with us and buy a car in his name if that makes it easier, but obviously he's Irish and not Romanian, so would that even help?

Car registration in Europe is probably a bit more complex than in Australia. Every country has it's own rules, although the EU imposes some too. In many countries the number plate stays with the car when a car is sold, but in some other countries the number plate stays with the driver, and buying your first car means getting your first licence plate. (In Belgium you can see how old the driver is by looking at the licence plate...).

There are a few things you need to know before we dive into the different methods of buying a car in Europe. First of all, Europe is not a single country and not all countries on the European continent are a member of the European Union.

The French Government established a unique scheme letting foreigners from outside the EU buy a car without having to pay VAT and drive it around Europe before buying it back and selling it to car rental companies and such. Yes this is legal in France and you can ride around in a shiny new car from Citroen, Peugeot or Renault.

These companies all offer to assist you in buying a car or van from the Dutch market, check it technically and arrange all the paperwork. Most of the time this can be done from abroad, so that the vehicle is ready to roll by the time you arrive in Amsterdam.

Since last summer, Sweden introduced a Bonus-Malus system for incentivizing the purchase of electric cars, light-trucks and buses. These pure electric vehicles receive a purchase incentive bonus of 60,000 Swedish Krona (5,700 Euros). The climate bonus must not exceed 25 percent of the value of the vehicle however. For companies buying a climate bonus vehicle, the bonus must not exceed 35 percent of the difference of the new vehicle price and the new vehicle price of a comparable petrol or diesel vehicle. The bonus is paid directly to the owner six months after the vehicle is registered, preventing the vehicle being sold within that time period. For every gram CO2 above zero and up to 60g/km the bonus is reduced by 833 Swedish Krona per g/km.

Serban Cornaciu:" We cannotspeak about this period of democratization, without speaking about car importsfrom the West. Those people were privileged because they had the courage to applyfor buying such a luxurious product and they had well-paid jobs, being doctors,lawyers, artists. Most of them were interested in buying a Fiat 850 or aRenault 16 as Romania hadn't started its car production yet. There were also veryexpensive models like Fiat 1800 and many of the applicants were being visitedby officers of the former political police, the Securitate, because the statehad a tight control on people's incomes at that time and only a few could afforda car in the 1960s."

SerbanCornaciu:" At that time, you couldsubscribe to a waitlist for buying a car, apply for a loan and eventually yougot it. In 1974, three versions of Dacia 1300, not very different from oneanother, became available. The cars used to come in a wide range of vividcolours until 1984 when a new model, Dacia 1310, had rolled off the assemblyline. Cars from the communist bloc were also available on the market butimports from the West ceased shortly after the local production had begun. NoWestern brands were imported since 1971-72. One could only apply for a Lada1200, a Moskvich or a Trabant, produced in East Germany. Delivery periods forTrabant were shorter, though after 1988, applicants could wait even up to threeyears to get one."

Importing a car from US to Romania is subject to a number of taxes. If you are importing the car on a temporary basis, it can be exempted from the taxes. The buyer has to produce the original invoice of the car and the original documents of ownership, technical specifications. The Vehicle Identification Number is also required. If you are buying a new US car with an engine smaller than 1800 cubic cm, you have to pay 30% of tax. If the engine size is bigger than the specified, the duty will go up to 50%. Apart from this, VAT of 22% has to be paid. Temporary import is allowed to customers who will be living in Romania for a small span of time. If you are buying a US used car, there are similar taxes.

If you are buying a vehicle from Northern Ireland which was previouslyregistered in Great Britain, you should make sure that you get documents toshow that customs duties were paid on arrival into Northern Ireland.

26 of the 27 states provide incentives and benefits for buying or owning an electric car . The only exception is Lithuania. 20 states also provide a bonus for the purchase of an electric car or a hybrid car, some of which also take into account whether the previous car was scrapped. Six states only give their citizens tax advantages.

But even between these 20 states we can find big differences. By far the highest bonus when buying a car is provided by Romania - up to 10,000 EUR for purchase of a new electric car, Croatia gives 9,200 EUR and in Germany it is possible to get 9,000 EUR. While in Finland this bonus is only 2,000 EUR. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page